Dear Students and Parents,
Billerica residents in grades three through eight (public, private, charter, parochial, and home school) are invited to participate in the seventh annual Billerica Spelling Bee, powered by the Billerica Partners for Education.
Our purpose is to help students improve their spelling, increase their vocabularies, learn concepts, and develop correct English usage that will help them all their lives. This event is intended to encourage and celebrate academic excellence in our community.
To participate in the Billerica Spelling Bee, students must enroll in the program, take the Billerica Spell Check qualifying test, and be one of the top scoring spellers for their grade. There is no cost to participate.
The timeline for the Spelling Bee (subject to change):
- September 25, 2015 – Enrollment begins. You can find information and videos from last year’s event at BillericaSpellingBee.org.
- October 23, 2015 – Enrollment registrations are due and registration closes (we’ll leave registration open through the weekend). Study words will be distributed to enrolled students within a day or two.
- November 23 – 25, 2015 – Billerica Spell Check qualifying test delivered in school for Billerica Public Schools students
- December 2, 2015 – Billerica Spell Check qualifying test delivered at the Billerica Public Library for students not enrolled in Billerica Public Schools and for any make-ups for Billerica Public Schools students
- December 16, 2015 – Test results will be announced, finalist notifications and study words will be distributed
- February 6, 2016 – Billerica Spelling Bee – The top scoring spellers for each grade will compete in an all-day town-wide competition with a top speller crowned for each grade.
Please use the form to register each student who will participate.